Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Diseases Associated with Periodontal Disease
Studies have shown that gum disease sufferers are at higher risk for developing other systemic diseases. The underlying cause is related to the periodontal chronic inflammatory process, which has an effect on the whole body, not only on the localized mouth area.
People who suffer from a periodontal disease have increased risk of developing:
• Heart attack or stroke
• Delivering preterm, low birth weight babies
• Type II Diabetes
• Chronic kidney disease
• Osteoporosis and Osteonecrosis
• HIV-Associated Gingivitis
• Herpes-Related Gingivitis
• Rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases, such as: Crohn's disease, Multiple sclerosis, Lupus erythematosus and CREST syndrome